聪明文档网

聪明文档网

最新最全的文档下载
当前位置: 首页> 新标准大学英语视听说原文及翻译

新标准大学英语视听说原文及翻译

时间:2018-11-29 15:26:16    下载该word文档

Unit 1-- Conversation 1

对话1第一单元——

Janet: So this is the Cherwell Boathouse — it's lovely! And look at those people punting! It looks quite easy.

珍尼特:这就是Cherwell船屋——它很可爱!看看这些人撑船!看起来相当简单。

Mark: I'm not so sure about that! Janet, there's something Kate and I wanted to discuss with you. Some people in college are organizing charity events this term. We've decided to get involved.

马克:我不太清楚!珍妮,有什么东西凯特,我想和你讨论的问题。有些人在大学组织公益活动这个术语。我们已经决定参与。

Janet: Raising money for charity? Right. In China, people raise money for charity but students don't usually do that.

珍尼特:为慈善事业筹集资金?正确的。在中国,人们为慈善事业筹集资金,但学生们通常不这么做。

Mark: Students often do that here. Anyway, we're thinking of doing sponsored punting.

马克:学生经常这样做在这里。无论如何,我们想做那样的赞助撑船。

Janet: Sponsored punting! What's that?

珍尼特:赞助撑船!那是什么?

Kate: Sponsoring is when people pay you to do something — like run a long distance. So people would be sponsoring students to punt.

凯特:赞助是当人们付出你做某件事——喜欢跑步一段很长的距离。所以人们会资助学生撑方头平底船。

Janet: What a great idea! I'd love to join you!

珍妮:那是个好主意!我很乐意加入你!

Mark: That's why we're telling you about it. So that's decided then. Let's make a list of things we need to do.

马克:这就是为什么我们告诉你这件事。这样的决定了。让我们列一份清单的事情需要我们做。

Kate: I'll do that. One of the first things we should do is choose the charity.

凯特:那我就这么做了。首先我们要做的就是选择慈善机构。

Mark: Yes. And choose a day for the event. And we need to design the sponsorship form. I've got one here.

马克:是的。一天,选择为事件。我们需要设计赞助表格。我有一个在这里。

Kate: That looks fine, but we must change the wording. Who wants to do that?

凯特:那看起来很好,但我们必须改变的措词。谁想要那样做?

Mark: I'll do that. What have we got so far?

马克:那我就这么做了。到目前为止,我们还有什么了吗?

Kate: Choose a charity. Also a day for the event. Change the wording on the sponsorship form... Um ... We have to decide where the punt will start from.

凯特:选择一个慈善机构。也一天为事件。改变措词资助表格的…嗯…我们必须决定要从哪里担保。

Mark: Cherwell Boathouse, no question! It's a very beautiful route from here, apparently.

马克:Cherwell船屋,没有问题!这是一个非常美丽的路线从这里,这是显而易见的。

Kate: I'm with you on that.

凯特:我与你在一起时的感觉。

Janet: Me too

珍妮:我也是

Janet: I'm not used to boats — Woah!

珍妮:我不习惯船-!

Mark: Whoops!

马克:哎哟!

Kate: Watch out! You nearly hit me with that thing!

凯特:小心!你差点撞上我那件事!

Mark: Sorry! I didn't mean to. ... OK, we're off!

马克:对不起!我不是故意的。…好的,我们离开这!

Kate: Maybe I should do the punting.

凯特:也许我应该做撑船。

Mark:It's fine. I've got the hang of it now —give me a chance.

马克:很好。我有诀窍了给我一个机会。

Kate: Well, I'd like to have a go.

凯特:,我想再来一次。

Mark: Supposing I do the first hour. Then you can take over for a while, if you want to.

马克:如果我做第一个小时。然后你可以接管了一会,如果你想去的地方。

Kate: Yes, great.

凯特:是的,非常好。

Janet: You're really good at it, Mark! This is fantastic! It's exactly how I imagined life here! Look over there —isn't it lovely!

珍妮特:你真的很好,马克!这实在太迷人了!这正是我想象的生活吧!看那边-isn不太可爱了!

Kate: Yes, it is.

凯特:是的,它是。

Unit 1--Conversation 2

对话1号机组2 - - - - - - -

Janet: Kate, everything's organized, isn't it, for collecting the sponsorship money?

珍尼特:凯特,一切都是有组织的,是不是,收集赞助钱吗?

Kate: Yes, I've arranged for people to get the money to me by next Friday — if they haven't paid online. I'll count it all up.

凯特:是的,我已经安排了人,把钱给我的下个星期五——如果他们没付在线。我数。

Janet: Good. We'd better have a meeting soon after that, don't you think? How much have we raised?

珍尼特:好。我们最好拥有一个会议之后没多久,你不这样认为吗?我们筹措了多少了?

Kate: About 600.

凯特:大约有600

Janet: Fantastic! I'm so enjoying this!

珍尼特:太棒了!我很喜欢这个!

Mark: Hey guys, I've got a suggestion — how about moving over to the bank and we can have our picnic! Hey, look, there's Louise and Sophie!

马克:,伙计们,我有一个建议——移动交给银行,我们可以野餐!,,那里有露易丝和索菲娅!

Mark: Whoo ...

马克:哇…

Girls: Mark!

姑娘们:马克!

Janet: Are you all right?

珍妮特:你还好吧?

Mark: Er .Of course I'm all right. Kate, I think it's your turn to punt!

迈克:呃。。当然,我没事。凯特,我想该轮到你撑方头平底船!

Unit 2—Conversation 1

单位2-Conversation 1

Kate: Come in. Hey, Janet.

凯特:进来。嗨,珍妮。

Janet: Hi Kate, are you busy?

珍妮:,凯特,你忙吗?

Kate: Yes, I'm just doing an essay. But it's great to see you. So what's new?

凯特:是的,我只是做一篇散文。但很高兴见到你。那么有什么新鲜事吗?

Janet: Well, nothing much.

珍妮特:,没什么。

Kate: You look a bit fed up. What's bugging you?

凯特:你看来有点厌倦了。什么事使你心烦?

Janet: Well, I had a phone call from my parents and it made me feel homesick. It happens every time they call, and it gets me down.

珍妮特:,我有一次通话从我的父母,但它让我觉得有点想家。它发生每次打电话给你,这使我很沮丧。

Kate: I'm sorry to hear that. I know how you feel. I love speaking to my mum and dad, but I always feel miserable after the call.

凯特:我很遗憾听到这个消息。我知道你的感受。我爱我的爸爸和妈妈说话,但我总是感到痛苦后的电话。

Janet: My dad doesn't say much, and I want to speak to him, but I wish I knew what to say.

珍妮:我爸爸我不想说太多,我想跟他说话,但是我希望我知道该说什么。

Kate: Don't let it get to you. My dad doesn't say much on the phone either. I call, he answers the phone, and says, "Hi, I'll pass you to your mother." It's really irritating.

凯特:别让它影响你的情绪。我的爸爸我不想说太多的电话也。我叫他接电话,:“嗨,我就把你是你的母亲。”真让人恼火。

Janet: But I miss him and my mother a lot, and I like to hear his voice.

珍尼特:但我想念他,我妈妈很多,而且我喜欢听他的声音。

Kate: Just tell him what you're up to.

凯特:告诉他你在做什么。

Janet: Sometimes I feel as if I made a mistake leaving home and coming to Oxford. Sometimes I feel like a moody teenager.

珍尼特:有时我感觉好像我犯了一个错误要离开家来到牛津。有时我觉得自己像是一个情绪化的少年。

Kate: Try not to worry about it, Janet. It's normal to feel like that. I understand how you feel, but I bet everything will be fine next term. You'll get used to it. Hey, why don't you do what I do?

凯特:不要担心,珍妮特。这是正常的,像这样的感觉。我理解你的感受,但我敢打赌,一切都会好起来的下一个条件。你会习惯的。嘿,你为什么不做我能做什么?

Janet: What's that?

珍尼特:那是什么?

Kate: When my dad calls, I ask him for more money! He usually says no, but at least I get to hear his voice!

凯特:如果我爸爸来了,我问他要更多的钱!他常常说没有,但至少我听到他的声音!

Janet: Maybe. I'm sorry to take up your time, Kate, but I must go now. Bye!

珍尼特:也许吧。我很抱歉占用您的时间,凯特,但我现在必须走了。再见!

Kate: Wait a minute ...!\

凯特:等一下…! \

Unit 2--Conversation 2

第二单元对话2 - - - - - - -

Kate: I think I may have upset Janet last night.

凯特:我想我可能打乱珍妮昨晚的事。”

Mark: What happened?

马克:发生了什么事?

Kate: She came to see me. I was busy doing an essay but I was really pleased to see her. She'd had a call from

凯特:她来看我。我一直在忙着做一篇文章,但是我很高兴见到她。她曾打了个电话

home, and said she was feeling homesick.

,说她开始想家。

Mark: Poor kid! It must be tough when you guys living so far away from home.

马克:可怜的孩子!它必须是一场艰苦的比赛,当你们生活远离家园。

Kate: I tried to make her laugh, told her not to worry about it, and that it was normal to feel miserable. Suddenly

凯特:我试着逗她笑,告诉她不要担心,这只是一个正常的感觉痛苦。突然

she looked miserable, and then she got up and said, "I must go now" and left my room. It was really sudden. I felt

她看上去惨了,然后她站了起来,他说,“我现在必须走“留给我的房间。它真的很突然。我觉得

as if I'd said something wrong.

好像我说错了话吗。

Mark: Maybe she was just being polite. It was probably because she realized you were working and didn't want to

马克:也许她只是出于礼貌。大概是因为她意识到你在工作和不愿意

disturb you.

打扰你。

Kate: I just wonder if she found it difficult to talk about her feelings with me. Maybe I shouldn't have tried to

凯特:我只是想知道她发觉很难跟我谈谈自己的感受。也许我不该试图这样做

make her laugh? Perhaps she thought I wasn't taking her seriously.

让她笑呢?也许她以为我没有带她认真。

Mark: I wouldn't worry about it. Put yourself in her shoes. How would you feel if you were a student at college in

马克:我一点也不担心。把自己放在她的鞋子。你会感觉到怎样,如果你是一个学生在大学里吗

China?

中国吗?

Kate: I know. That's why I feel bad. If only she had stayed longer! I wish I could have helped her more.

凯特:我知道。这就是为什么我觉得糟透了。她要是呆更长!我希望我能帮助她。

Janet: Hey, everyone!

珍妮:,大家好!

Mark: Hi Janet, you look cheerful!

马克:,珍妮,你看上去很高兴!

Janet: Yes, I've just got my essay back. I got an alpha minus!

珍妮:是的,我刚刚拿到了我的文章回来。我有了一个α- !

Kate: What an amazing grade! Well done.

凯特:什么是一个了不起的成绩!做得很好。

Mark: I'm really happy for you, Janet.

马克:我真为你高兴,珍妮特。

Janet: I feel on top of the world!

珍妮:我觉得世界上最幸福的人!

Unit 3—Conversation 1

单位3-Conversation 1

Kate: So, what did you think of the movie?

凯特:这么说,你想到了什么电影?

Mark: It was good but I thought it was too long.

马克:这很好,但我认为它太长了。

Kate: Yes, me too.

凯特:是啊,我也是。

Kate: Hey, where's my bike? I don't believe it! It's gone!

凯特:,()是我的自行车吗?我不相信!它不见了!

Mark: It was next to mine, you chained it up!

马克:这是我的,你用铁链锁住旁边吧!

Kate: Someone's stolen it! Oh, how could they!

凯特:有人偷了它!,他们怎么可能!

Mark: Oh, Kate!

马克:,凯特!

Kate: How could someone have done this! The creep!

凯特:怎么可能有人这样做!蠕变!

Mark: It's a really mean thing to do, steal a bike.

马克:这真是一个卑鄙的事,偷一辆自行车。

Kate: It was a mountain bike and it cost a fortune —I don't have the money to buy another one.

凯特:这是一个山地自行车,它花一大笔钱-我没有钱去买另一个。

Mark: Listen, I'll go down the street and see if I can see anyone with it. Why don't you go into that shop and see

马克:听着,我将沿着这条街走下去,看看我能看到别人。你为什么不去那商店,看到了吗

if they've seen anything suspicious? I'll be back in a minute.

如果他们见过任何可疑的东西吗?我一会儿就回来。

Kate: OK.

凯特:好的。

Kate: Well?

凯特:好吗?

Mark: No luck. What did they say in the shop?

马克:没有运气。他们说了些什么商店?

Kate: I asked the shopkeeper if she'd seen anything —

凯特:我问店主她要是见过- - - - - -

Mark: And?

马克:然后呢?

Kate: She said she hadn't. I guess it was a long shot. She advised me to report it to the police. But according to

凯特:她说她不喜欢。我想这是一个不太可能。她建议我报告给警察。但根据

her, bikes get stolen all the time around here.

自行车被偷,她所有的时间来这里。

Mark: Listen, let's get back so you can report it.

马克:听我说,咱们回报告。

Kate: I've got no bike. I'm just so upset!

凯特:我没有自行车。我很难过!

Mark: It's not far to college. Come on!

马克:不太远大学。来吧!

Unit 3--Conversation 2

第三单元对话2 - - - - - - -

Mark: So did you ring the police?

马克:那么你给警方打电话了?

Kate: Yes. I went to the police station to report it.

凯特:是的。我去警察局报告。

Mark: What did they say?

马克:他们说了些什么?

Kate: No one's found it. This woman said that Oxford has the fifth highest rate of bike theft in the country!

凯特:没有人发现它。这个女人说:那牛津有第五比例最高的失窃在乡下。

Mark: You're joking!

马克:你在开玩笑吧!

Kate: That's what she said.

凯特:那是她说了什么。

Mark: What else did she say?

马克:她还说了些什么?

Kate: She told me that sometimes you do get bikes back —the thieves use them and then abandon them, apparently, and then people find them and report them.

凯特:她告诉我,有时候你做得回来——自行车窃贼运用他们,然后抛弃他们,显然,然后人们找到他们,报导他们。

Mark: So you might get it back.

马克:那么你也许会把它弄回来。

Kate: I hope so, Mark, I really do. It's just too much, you know? But ... um ... what else? She told me to go to this sale they have of abandoned bikes. She thinks I might find it there. But it's only every two months, I can't wait till then! Honestly, Mark, I'm really furious!

凯特:我希望如此,马克,真的。这只是太多了,你知道吗?但是……嗯……还有别的什么?她告诉我去参加这个出售,他们已经被遗弃的自行车。她认为我可能会发现它在那里。但这只是每两个月,我不能等到那时候!老实说,马克,我很愤怒!

Mark: You can always buy a cheap bike on eBay.

马克:你总能买到一辆便宜的自行车易趣。

Kate: Hello ... Speaking ... You found it! Where was it? Is it ...? Oh, that's fantastic news! There was a lamp and a basket on it ... Right ... OK, thank you, I'll be in tomorrow morning to pick it up. Unbelievable! This guy found it!

凯特:你好…说来…你找到它!在哪里?是…?,那是很棒的好消息!有一个台灯和一把篮子放在它…正确的…好的,谢谢你,我将在明天把它捡起来。难以置信!这家伙找到它!

Mark: Brilliant! Was that the police?

马克:辉煌!是警察吗?

Kate: Yes. What they said was, someone dumped it outside this guy's backyard.

凯特:是的。他们说,有人把它倒外,这个家伙的后院。

Mark: That's so strange!

马克:这可太奇怪了!

Kate: The lamp's been stolen and the basket.

凯特:灯被偷了,那么重的篮子。

Mark: Forget about it! You're lucky to get it back!

马克:忘记它吧!你真幸运才把它弄回来!

Unit 5—Conversation 1

单位5-Conversation 1

Mark: Hi!

马克:!

Kate: Hi, Janet! Have you been waiting long?

凯特:,珍妮!你等了很久了吗?

Janet: Not at all. What did you think of Hero?

珍妮:一点也不。你怎么认为的英雄?

Kate: It was brilliant, thanks for suggesting it.

凯特:这是辉煌的,谢谢你的建议。

Janet: Well, it was nominated for an Oscar, you know.

珍尼特:,这是获得奥斯卡提名,更是英国电影,你知道的。

Kate: That figures. It's a beautiful film.

凯特:那数字。这是一个美丽的电影。

Mark: Yes. The costumes, and scenery were amazing,

马克:是的。服装,令人惊叹的风景,

Kate: I'd love to know more about the emperor, he was cool. Who was he?

凯特:我很想知道更多的关于皇帝,他确实很酷。他是谁?

Janet: Qin Shi Huang — it's said he was the first emperor in the history of China — he unified China.

珍尼特:秦始皇-这是第一个皇帝说他是中国历史上——他统一中国。

Kate: Did he? When?

凯特:是吗?什么时候?

Janet: Er ... 221 BC.

珍尼特:呃……公元前221年。

Mark: As long ago as that!

马克:早在那!

Waitress: Hi guys! What can I get you?

服务生:大家好!有什么我可以帮你吗?

Kate: Yes, I'll have a coke, thanks.

凯特:是的,我要一杯可乐,谢谢。

Mark: Er ... Just a coffee.

迈克:呃…只是一个咖啡。

Waitress: Sure.

服务生:当然可以。

Mark: Tell us more ...

马克:告诉我们更多…

Janet: Um ... Well, before that, there were seven big states and they had been fighting each other for many years.

珍尼特:嗯…嗯,在这之前,有七位大州和他们一直互相打架很多年了。

Mark: Right.

马克:没错。

Janet: It's called the Warring States Period. Anyway — Qin was king of the largest state and he defeated the six other states, one after another. It took him ten years to conquer them, each with a different strategy.

珍妮特:这就是所谓的战国时期。反正王——秦最大的州和他打败了其他六个州,一次又一次。他花了十年的时间征服他们,每个人都有不同的策略。

Mark: What kind of man was he?

马克:他是什么样的人?

Janet: Well, he was brilliant, obviously. And also wise. He had this huge army — they were very powerful. After his army had attacked the first state, the next state surrendered without much fight. They were so terrified.

珍妮特:,他是才华横溢,显然的。也是明智的。他有这庞大的军队,他们非常强大。他的军队袭击后第一个国家,下一个状态投降没有太多的战斗。他们是如此的害怕。

Kate: Wow!

凯特:!

Janet: What else? The army leaders were very clever, they used a river to flood a city.

珍妮特:什么别的吗?军队领袖都是非常聪明的,他们使用了河涌向一个城市。

Mark: That can't have been easy.

马克:那不可能是容易的。

Janet: Yes, anyway, after conquering the last state, Qin made himself Emperor of the whole of China.

珍妮:是的,无论如何,后的最后一次国事、秦征服自己全中国的皇帝。

Mark: Was he the emperor who created the Terracotta Warriors?

马克:他是皇帝,他创造了兵马俑吗?

Janet: That's right. He was so afraid of death that he wanted them to guard him in the afterlife.

珍尼特:没错。他是如此害怕死亡,以至于他想让他们看守在来世。

Unit 5--Conversation 2

第五单元——对话2

Becky: OK.

贝基:好吧。

Kate: Thank you.

凯特:谢谢你。

Mark: Thanks.

马克:谢谢。

Kate: So go on about Emperor Qin. It's really interesting.

凯特:就这么走了大约秦始皇。真的很有趣。

Janet: It is, isn't it? Well, so he unified China and that was an incredible achievement. But as a result, huge numbers of soldiers were killed.

珍尼特:是啊,不是吗?,所以他统一中国,这是一场令人难以置信的成就。但是作为一个结果,大量的士兵被打死。

Kate: About how many?

凯特:大约多少?

Janet: Oh, I don't know, something like 500,000 men?

珍妮:,我不知道,就像给500000人吃呢。

Kate: That is huge.

凯特:那是巨大的。

Mark: So how do the Chinese see Qin?

马克:那么怎么做中国人认为秦吗?

Janet: He's seen as the greatest emperor in Chinese history.

珍妮:他所见过的最大的皇帝在中国历史。

Mark: Why? Because he unified China? That's a very good reason, mind you.

马克:怎么了?因为他统一中国吗?这是一个很好的理由,留意你。

Janet: Not only that. The thing is, as a result of the unification, he did many amazing things. He built roads all across China, he standardized writing ... and also the money system. Oh, and the system for measuring and weighing things as well.

珍尼特:不仅如此。问题是,由于统一,他还做了许多伟大的事情。他兴建公路中国各地,他标准化和写作…货币体系。哦,该系统测量和重事。

Mark: So he was a great leader for China.

马克:那么他是一个伟大的领袖。

Janet: Yes, he was, but he was also very cruel.

珍妮:是的,他是,但他也非常残酷的。

Mark: Yes, but most emperors were cruel, weren't they?

马克:是的,但是大多数的皇帝很残忍,不是吗?

Kate: Well I guess that's true. You're right.

凯特:好吧,我想这是事实。你是对的。

Mark: So did he have enemies?

马克:那么他的敌人?

Janet:Of course,I think all great emperors have some enemies. Some people hated him so much they tried to kill him!

珍尼特:当然,我认为所有伟大的皇帝有不少敌人。有些人讨厌他那么他们要杀了他!

Mark: Was he the emperor who built the Great Wall of China?

马克:他是皇帝是谁建造了中国的万里长城呢?

Janet: He built the first Great Wall. You see, tribes from the north were always trying to invade so he built a huge wall across China to stop them. Hundreds of thousands of men died building it.

珍妮:他建造了第一个长城。你看,部落从北方总是试图入侵所以他建了一座巨大的墙全中国,阻止他们。成千上万的人死了建筑。

Kate: It's so sad — all those thousands of people dying.

凯特:真是太伤心——那些成千上万的人死亡。

Mark: But then ... that's war, isn't it?

马克:但然后…这是战争,不是吗?

Unit 7—Conversation 1

单位7-Conversation 1

Mark: Hey, what's a cat doing in college? We're not supposed to have cats here.

马克:,什么是猫做在学校吗?我们不该有猫在这里。

Kate: No! What a lovely pussycat! I adore cats.

凯特:!多么可爱的性感小猫!我喜欢猫。

Mark: I can't stand them. I find them really boring.

马克:我不能忍受他们。我发现它们很乏味。

Kate: But she's gorgeous! Aren't you, my darling? I wonder where she's come from, maybe she's wandered in from outside.

凯特:但她很漂亮!是吗,亲爱的?我不知道她现在在哪儿来的,也许她是漫步在来自外部的。

Mark: Actually, I remember, I saw her the other day. Maybe she belongs to someone in college —she hasn't got a name tag on her.

马克:事实上,我记得,我看到她的那一天。也许她属于某人在大学她没有名字的标签上她了。

Kate: We're not allowed to keep pets in college.

凯特:我们不允许养宠物在上大学。

Mark: Maybe someone's breaking the rules.

马克:也许有人打破规则。

Kate: Could be. So — is it just cats you hate or all animals?

凯特:有可能。所以——它仅仅是猫你讨厌或所有动物吗?

Mark: No, I don't hate animals. We've got three dogs at home.

马克:,我不讨厌的动物。我们有三只狗在家里。

Kate: Three!

凯特:!

Mark: Yeah, labradors.

马克:是啊,拉拉。

Kate: Oh, they're very lovable, labradors. So you like animals then — apart from cats.

凯特:,他们很可爱,拉拉。所以你喜欢动物然后——除了猫。

Mark: Yes, I love them. That reminds me, there's a programme on tonight about snakes. I really enjoy watching nature programmes.

马克:是的,我爱他们。这倒提醒了我,今晚有一个节目对蛇。我真的很喜欢看自然节目。

Kate: So do I, but snakes — They're so scary. How can you like them?

凯特:我也是,而蛇——他们太可怕了。你怎么能喜欢他们吗?

Mark: I just do. Hey, what are we going to do about this horrible cat?

马克:我刚做的。嘿,我们去做了可怕的猫吗?

Kate: She's not horrible. I think she wants to come into my room. Do you want to come in? Such a sweetie!

凯特:她不是可怕的。我想她来到我的房间。你想要进来呢?这样一个小甜心!

Unit 7--Conversation 2

7单元对话2 - - - - - - -

Kate: Come in.

凯特:进来。

Janet: Hi, Kate! What are you doing with a cat in your room?

珍尼特:你好,凯特!你在做什么,在你的房间里有一只猫吗?

Kate: I found her in the corridor.

凯特:我发现她在走廊里跑来跑去。

Janet: Where did it come from?

珍尼特:这部车是哪儿来的?

Kate: Search me! She doesn't have a name tag.

凯特:我怎么知道啊!她没有名字的标签。

Janet: What's that organization called that protects animals? Maybe you should ring them.

珍尼特:那是什么组织叫做保护动物吗?也许你应该给他们。

Kate: Um — I think it's called the RSPCA? Oh, no need. She'll find her way home.

凯特:,我想那就是防止虐待动物协会”吗?,不用了。她会找到回家的路上。

Janet: They're so mad about animals, the British.

珍妮:他们是如此疯狂的动物,英国人。

Kate: Yeah. So are Americans. So am I!

凯特:是的。所以美国人。我也是。

Janet: It's very different in China.

珍妮特:那是非常不同的。

Kate: You don't keep animals as pets, do you?

凯特:你不把动物作为宠物,你呢?

Janet: Well, that's not so true for the last 15 years or so.

珍妮特:,那不是真的在过去的15年左右。

Kate: Yeah?

凯特:是吗?

Janet: Yes, more people are keeping pets now, especially in cities. It's because they get lonely, I think. Sometimes people dislike animals. But that's the same as everywhere, right?

珍妮:是的,越来越多的人饲养宠物现在,尤其是在城市里。这是因为他们觉得寂寞,我想。有时候人们不喜欢动物。但那是到处都一样,对吗?

Kate: Yes! Some people just don't like pets. So how do you feel about them?

凯特:是的!有些人就是不喜欢宠物。所以你对他们的感觉如何?

Janet: I quite like cats, they're all right. My mum's terrified of them, she thinks they carry disease. Lots of people do, they're frightened of catching rabies.

珍妮:我很喜欢猫,他们都是正确的。我妈妈害怕他们,她认为它们携带疾病。很多人都这么做,他们害怕得狂犬病。

Kate: It's true. Dogs and cats can give people rabies.

凯特:这是真的。狗和猫能给人狂犬病。

Janet: I know. Actually, I'm afraid of dogs, I'm really scared of them. It's their teeth!

珍妮:我知道。其实,我怕狗,我真的怕他们。这是他们的牙齿!

Kate: I adore dogs and cats. But then I'm just crazy about animals. Hey, I think she wants to leave. Do you want to go, baby? There you go! Isn't she cute?

凯特:我很喜欢狗和猫。但后来我疯狂的动物。嘿,我想她离开。你想去吗,宝贝?这就对了!她是不是很可爱?

Janet: Um ...

珍尼特:嗯…

Unit 9—Conversation 1

单位9-Conversation 1

Mark: Look, there's a careers fair on at the Examination Schools. Do you want to go?

马克:,那里有一个公平的考试职业学校。你想和我一起去吗?

Janet: What happens in a careers fair?

珍妮特:什么发生在职业公平吗?

Mark:There are lots of different companies and they give you information about careers .advice, that kind of thing.

马克:有许多不同的公司,他们给你的事业.advice信息,这样的事。

Janet: OK, I'll come. You coming, Kate?

珍尼特:好吧,我去。你来了,凯特?

Kate: Yeah, sure. But I've already decided on my career.

凯特:是的,当然。但我已经决定了我的事业。

Mark: We know. You're going to be a brilliant lawyer.

马克:我们知道。你会成为一个杰出的律师。

Kate: That's the plan — I'm off to a law firm soon as I get my degree.

凯特:这是一个计划——我要去律师事务所我一拿到我的学位的!

Janet: You're so lucky. I wish I knew what I wanted to do.

珍妮特:你很幸运。我希望我知道我想做的事。

Kate: Didn't you say something about teaching?

凯特:你没有说过一些关于教学吗?

Janet: Yes, I'm thinking about it. I'm quite attracted to teaching. But I'm not really sure yet.

珍妮:是的,我在思考这一问题。我很吸引到教学。但我真的不知道。/还没定。

Kate: Well, you've got lots of time. What about you, Mark? What are your plans?

凯特:,你已经得到很多的时间。你呢,马克?你的计划是什么?

Mark: I'm going to row for England.

马克:我现在去排为英格兰比赛。

Kate: Seriously?

凯特:真的吗?

Mark: No. Problem is, I think if you want to be successful, you've got to plan ahead— starting at the age of 12.

马克:不。问题是,我认为,如果你想要成功,你必须提前计划——12岁。

Janet: So we're not doing very well.

珍尼特:所以我们做的很好。

Mark: No.

马克:不。

Kate: So?

凯特:所以呢?

Mark: Well ... I'm thinking of going into business management. It's a possibility.

马克:嗯…我想进入商业管理。这是有可能的。

Janet: Really?

珍妮:真的吗?

Mark: Yes.

马克:是的。

Kate: Hey, let's go to the Careers Fair. It might give you some ideas.

凯特:,咱们去看职业公平。这可能会给你一些点子。

Janet: It was very interesting, wasn't it? You were having a long conversation with that man from the law firm.

珍妮特:那很有趣,不是吗?你有一个长对话和那男人从律师事务所。

Kate: Yes. They said there's a possibility of a job placement as an intern over the summer. They're going to let me

凯特:是的。他们说可能会有就业安置在夏季实习。他们打算让我

know about it.

知道它。

Janet: Fantastic!

珍尼特:太棒了!

Unit 9--Conversation 2

单位9——对话2

Kate: You know that job placement I told you about — they've asked me to go for an interview.

凯特:你知道工作安排,我告诉过你,——他们已经问过我去面试。

Janet: That's brilliant. When?

珍妮:那真是非常棒的。什么时候?

Kate: Two weeks' time ...

凯特:两周的时间…

Interviewer: So what made you decide to study law, Kate?

记者:那么是什么让你决定学法律,凯特?

Kate: A number of reasons. Law interests me a lot. I've got a good brain, a good memory. And I'd certainly like to do some part-time work for Legal Aid. And also, I must admit, the money's good.

凯特:有许多原因的。法律深深地吸引了我。我有了一个好的头脑,只是一个良好的记忆。我非常喜欢做一些兼职工作法律援助。还有,我必须承认,钱很好。

Interviewer: Well, those are good, honest answers. Certainly, your CV's very good. I seem to remember that you only want the work placement for six weeks. Is that right?

面试官:,这些都是好的,诚实的答案。当然,你的简历非常好。我好像记得你只想要实习,为期六周。是这样吗?

Kate: Yes, it is.

凯特:是的,它是。

Interviewer: Why is that?

面试官:那是为什么?

Kate: Well, to be honest, I'm planning to go back to the States and spend time with my family.

凯特:,老实说,我打算回美国,花时间和家人在一起。

Interviewer: Ah, that's understandable. Now, tell me, what questions do you have?

面试官:,这是可以理解的。现在,告诉我,你有什么问题吗?

Kate: I've got some idea but obviously, what I'd like to know is, what does the job involve?

凯特:我有一些想法,但很明显,我想知道的是什么,这份工作包括什么?

Interviewer: Of course. Well, for the first few weeks, your main responsibility would be to read files and summarize them. We'd also want you to do some research for us. How does that sound? Rather boring?

面试官:当然。嗯,在最初几周内,你的主要责任是读文件和总结。我们想要你为我们做一些研究。你意下如何?很无聊吗?

Kate: No, not at all. I think I'd learn a lot.

凯特:,一点也不。我想我会学到很多东西。

Interviewer: Good, well ... you'll be taking your first year exams soon, won't you?

面试官:好的,嗯……你会把你的第一年考试很快,不是吗?

Kate: Yes, in a few weeks' time.

凯特:是的,在几个星期的时间。

Interviewer: Well, provided they're OK, I think we can say you're in.

面试官:,只要他们很好,我想我们可以跟你说。

Kate: Thank you — that's wonderful!

凯特:谢谢你——那太好了!

Kate: Hey, guess what?

凯特:,你猜怎么着?

Janet: What?

珍妮特:什么?

Kate: They've accepted me. I start at the end of June.

凯特:他们已经接受了我的意见。我开始在六月底。

Janet: Well done!

珍尼特:干得好!

Unit 10-- Conversation 1

对话1个单元——

Janet: What are you reading, Kate?

珍妮特:你在读什么呀,凯特?

Kate:Alice in Wonderland, by Lewis Carroll. Do you know it?

凯特:爱丽丝梦游仙境”一书中,由于刘易斯卡罗尔。你知道吗?

Janet: I've heard of it, yes, but I've never read it. It's a 19th century children's story, isn't it?

珍妮:我听说过,是的,但我从来没读过它。这是一个19th世纪儿童故事,不是吗?

Kate: That's right. It's very famous. It's set in Oxford. It starts with this young girl sitting on a river bank. The interesting thing is, the author, Lewis Carroll, he was an Oxford professor and he used to have tea with the girl's family on this river bank.

凯特:没错。这是很有名的。它的场景在牛津。它始于这个年轻的女孩坐在河岸。有趣的是,作者刘易斯·卡洛尔,他是牛津大学教授,他曾经有过茶,与女孩的家庭在这条河上银行。

Janet: Oh, that's fascinating! I'll put it into my diary.

珍妮:,那是精彩!我会把它写进我的日记。

Kate: Is that what you're writing? I know you've been keeping a diary all the year.

凯特:这是你写的吗?我知道你一直在写日记的一年。

Janet: It's been a great year. I've had such a good time — so lucky to have Mark and Kate as friends. Feel I've been doing well with work. Much happier about asking questions in tutorials.

珍尼特:这是一个伟大的赛季。我度过了一段美好的时光——如此幸运地有了马克和凯特当作朋友。我觉得自己做得好工作要做。更快乐的提问在辅导。

Janet: My screen's gone dark.

珍妮:我的屏幕已经黑了。

Mark: You're using the battery, remember. It's run out, obviously.

马克:你使用电池,记得。这是用完,有明显的效果。

Janet: It can't be the battery. It's still charged. Oh no it's still black. Oh dear, I hope it's nothing serious. I haven't backed anything up recently.

珍妮:不可能是电池。它还受到指控。哦,没有它仍然是黑色的。噢,亲爱的,我希望它不严重。我没有任何最近支持。

Kate: That's not like you, Janet.

凯特:那不是喜欢你,珍妮。

Janet: I know, but I lost my memory stick. I really should have backed things up. How stupid of me not to do that! Supposing I've lost everything!

珍妮特:我知道,但我却失去了记忆棒。我真的应该支持了什么事。我怎么会笨不那样做!假如我失去了一切!

Mark: Let me take a look. The power is still on. And also the operating system still seems to be working ... I think it has to be the graphics card ... But maybe that's not the problem ...

马克:让我看一看。停电还开着。操作系统,而且还似乎正…我认为有必要的图形卡…但是也许这不是这个问题…

Janet: If only I'd backed things up!

珍尼特:要是我支持的东西!

Kate: Relax, Janet! We'll take it to the computer shop this afternoon. I'm sure it'll be OK.

凯特:放松,珍妮!我们就把它送去电脑商店今天下午会来。我确信它会没事的。

Janet: I hope so.

珍妮:我希望如此。

Unit 10--Conversation 2

对话2个单元——

Janet: Tell me about Alice in Wonderland.

珍尼特:告诉我关于爱丽丝梦游仙境。

Kate: I tell you what, I'll read it to you.

凯特:我得告诉你,我念给你听。

Kate: Alice was beginning to get very tired of sitting by her sister on the bank and having nothing to do: Once or twice, she had peeped into the book her sister was reading, but it had no pictures or conversations in it, "and what is the use of a book," thought Alice, "without pictures or conversation?" So she was considering in her own mind (as well as she could, for the hot day made her feel very sleepy and stupid) ...

凯特:艾丽斯,她开始感到厌倦,她妹妹坐在银行,由于没有什么事情可做,:一次或两次地瞧瞧姐姐正在读的那本书,但它没有图画,也没有对话,“什么是使用一本书,“思想爱丽丝,”没有图片或谈话?”所以她正考虑在她自己的头脑(以及她能,因为炎热的一天让她觉得很困,愚蠢的)

Janet: Kate, Mark, where are you going? You've got my laptop!

珍尼特:凯特,马克,你要去哪儿?你拿了我的笔记本电脑!

Kate: It's all right, Janet, we're taking it to the computer shop. We'll be back soon.

凯特:好吧,珍妮,我们把它带到电脑商店。我们很快就回来。

Mark: It's not like Janet to forget to back up her work.

马克:这不像珍妮忘记来支持她的工作。

Kate: She should have been more careful.

凯特:她本该更小心的。

Janet: It was stupid of me, I know! Stupid, stupid!

珍妮:我太傻了,我知道!愚蠢,愚蠢!

Janet: Oh! It was a dream! What a relief!

珍妮:!这是一个梦想!那就放心了!

Kate: You were talking in your sleep.

凯特:你是说在你的睡眠。

Janet: What was I saying?

珍妮:我刚刚说到哪儿了?

Kate: "Stupid, stupid."

凯特:“愚蠢,愚蠢。”

Mark: I've sorted out your computer.

马克:我已经整理你的电脑。

Janet: Have you? Oh, thank goodness! What was the problem?

珍尼特:是吗?,感谢上帝!刚才出了什么问题?

Mark: It was the graphics card, as I predicted ...

马克:这是图形卡,正如我所预测的那样…

Janet: Is that what it was! I'm so relieved! Thanks, Mark.

珍尼特:,那是什么!那我就放心了!谢谢,标记。

Kate: He's great, isn't he?

凯特:他很棒,不是吗?

Janet: Yes. So are you, Kate.

珍尼特:是的。所以你,凯特。

Kate: You're such a good friend.

凯特:你真是一个好朋友。

  • 29.8

    ¥45 每天只需1.0元
    1个月 推荐
  • 9.9

    ¥15
    1天
  • 59.8

    ¥90
    3个月

选择支付方式

  • 微信付款
郑重提醒:支付后,系统自动为您完成注册

请使用微信扫码支付(元)

订单号:
支付后,系统自动为您完成注册
遇到问题请联系 在线客服

常用手机号:
用于找回密码
图片验证码:
看不清?点击更换
短信验证码:
新密码:
 
绑定后可用手机号登录
请不要关闭本页面,支付完成后请点击【支付完成】按钮
遇到问题请联系 在线客服